Friday, April 15, 2005

I have to say I am feeling alot better. The car situation is working it's self out and it looks like I will have transportation starting tomorrow until my Saturn is ready to go. The way we have to do this is transfer the title to my dad and put the car on his insurance... reason being is that there is no special process in PA to issue a reconstructed title... only typical state inspection. In VA, I would have to wait up to 8 weeks to have an official DMV Inspector certify the car. The slow part in PA is the mailing of the actual title. In VA, your title is printed at the DMV and given to you the same day. In PA, you are given a temporary piece of paper and Harrisburg mails you the title whenever they get around to it I guess. So, we issue a reconstructed title and transfer it to my dad and I "drive his car" until he gets the physical title. At that point he then transfers the title to me and its my car on my own insurance. It may take 6 weeks or so until the car is "mine" but it will be legally driveable in this scenario in about a week.

I also have to say that I really believe the people I work with are great people. My boss is an incredible person.... in the last little bit there have been some head butting sessions but its all a process of growing pains with this company not to mention a slight culture difference. Pittsburgh and Washington DC are completly different cultures so sometimes the way I behave is not taken the same way down here as it was up there..... but despite all of these frustration, Mat really takes care of me.

I just wanted to update everyone and let them know I'm feeling better... I'm still stuck at the data center all night tonight, sleeping on the floor in the office, and im here until tomorrow evening then until my dad gets down here from PA. Yea, thats another thing I have to say... I have great parents.... they have really helped me so much in driving here and doing this and stuff.... I really can't complain.... oh... and the Z24... looks like I might have plans for that already as well.... those arent finalized yet and certainly not the biggest concern but it looks like I may be able to get that car back to a reliable runner for a price that I may be able to afford... I probably won't keep it for financial reasons but I certainly have plans for it.... hopefully that works out too.

Thanks everyone for your prayers!

No comments: